I’d venture to guess that a certain percentage of people only really know Los Lobos from their contributions to the soundtrack to the 1987 film La Bamba, where they famously covered a handful of Richie Valens songs, including the title track. Heck, I was guilty of that myself. But thanks in part to to their cover Bertha from 1991′s Deadicated, and to Phish covering When The Circus Comes To Town, I decided to pick up a copy of their highly recommended 1992 record Kiko and became enchanted with their blend of American rock and roots music, with traditional Latin sounds. Next Tuesday, Los Angeles-based band will release a deluxe 20th anniversary edition of the album, and have announced that they will play a handful of special shows, that will see the band play the record in its entirety, which will precede their tour serving as opening act for Neil Young & Crazy Horse.
If you’re not into a night with Latin-tinged roots-rock act, then maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Delta Spirit: Fall U.S. Tour (10/31 – 11/28)
- Dinosaur Jr.: Fall North American Tour (9/24 – 10/27)
- Cat Power: Fall North American Tour (10/11 – 11/8)
- Steve Kimock Band: Fall North American Tour (9/27 – 10/21)
- The Infamous Stringdusters: Fall U.S. Tour (10/5 – 11/17)
- The Whigs: Fall North American Tour (9/6 – 11/23)