On May 3, an all-star roster of musicians will gather at New York City’s Madison Square Garden to help celebrate the 90th birthday of folk-legend and activist Pete Seeger. The iconic singer-songwriter – who wrote I If Had A Hammer and has been famously mythologized for trying to unplug Bob Dylan’s equipment during his raucous set at the 1965 Newport Folk Fest – will be honored that night at a event dubbed The Clearwater Concert: Creating the Next Generation of Environmental Leaders.
The bill – which reads like a who’s who of the music industry – features the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Dave Matthews, Eddie Vedder, Ben Harper, Warren Haynes, Taj Mahal, Joan Baez and many, many more.
If celebrating the work of a folk legend isn’t your thing, than maybe one of these recently announced tour will be for you…
- Soulive schedules a two month long cross-country jaunt
- Caribbean Holidaze to feature Umphrey’s, Biscuits and more
- Brooklyn’s first annual North Side Festival to take place in June
- K’naan teams up with Snoop Dogg for a Southeast tour
- The Avett Brothers head out for a lengthy US tour
- Indie-jammers moe. scatter dates over the next four months
Finally, long time jam stalwarths and Midwest favorites ekoostik hookah will turn their setlist over to the fans on April 4 for a special fan curated show at their Hook In The Hills event to take place at the Poston Lake Music Park. The Ohio-based act will headline the all day fest by playing the top twenty songs as selected by their fanbase, and will be joined on the bill by the likes of Papadosio, Mike Perkins, Rumpke Mountain Boys, Chicago Afrobeat Project and Joe Prichard of The Recipe with Shannon Jones.