For those of you out there looking for something a bit different than the rock-heavy festivals this summer, look no further than the hip-hop-centric Rock The Bells series. Now in its ninth year, the traveling tour is currently scheduled to hit three cities – with multi-night stands at the NOS Events Center in San Bernadino, Calif. (8/18 – 19), the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, Calif. (8/25 – 26) and the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey (9/1 -2). This year’s fest will hosted by RZA and will feature a diverse selection of old and new school acts, (Nas, Atmosphere, Deltron 3030, Immortal Technique, J. Cole, Kid Cudi, Naughty by Nature, Salt-n-Pepa, Yelawolf, Slick Rick, Murs and Tyga), and will include full album sets from a reunited Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, who will perform E 1999 Eternal, as well as Redman and Method Man who will tackle Blackout. Tickets for all three installments of Rock The Bells are on sale now.
If an all-day hip-hop festival isn’t your thing, then maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey: Summer Tour (6/3 – 8/11)
- Papa Grows Funk: Summer Tour (5/25 – 8/25)
- The Giving Tree Band: June Tour (6/12 – 6/28)
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor: Fall Tour (9/23 – 10/14)
- Guided By Voices: Early Fall Tour (9/8 – 9/28)
- Desaparecidos: August Tour (8/9 – 8/25)