We don’t get a chance to talk too much hip hop around these parts, but in our relentless effort to keep you up to date on the summer concert season, we bring you the news of the lineup announcement for the sixth annual Rock The Bells tour. The all-day traveling fest, which will hit ten cities, is set to feature an impressive roster of acts including the likes of Nas & Damien “Jr. Gong” Marley, The Roots, Common, K’NAAN and Reflection Eternal.
If you’re not into an all day hip hop festival, than maybe you’ll want to hit one of these recently announced tours…
- Conor Oberst begins to line up summer dates
- Blink-182 recruits Weezer to open on their reunion tour
- Guitar-slinger Jimmy Herring heads out for a slew solo dates
- Seattle’s Bumbershoot Festival reveals its initial line up
- Rhett Miller will play solo shows mixed with Old 97s dates
- Ben Lee and Low Vs Diamond join up for a co-headlining jaunt
Finally, Eddie Vedder will head out for a slew of solo dates on the East Coast and in the southern part of the US. The 14 date run will find the Pearl Jam front man setting up shop at a variety of theaters for multi-night stands in Albany, Philly, Baltimore, Nashville, Memphis, Atlanta and Hawaii.