With 2008 rapidly coming to a close, we can start looking forward to the plethora of festival line up announcements that will be coming our way in the next few weeks and months. So, to get you used to the constant bombardment that is headed your way, we thought we’d tell you about the initial line up for the 37th annual RockyGrass Festival – which is set to take place from July 24 – 26 at the Planet Bluegrass Ranch in Lyons, CO.
The almost four decade old festie features the likes of Steve Earle & the Bluegrass Dukes, Hot Rize w/ Red Knuckles & the Trailblazers, Del McCoury Band, Earl Scruggs w/ Family & Friends, Darrell Scott Bluegrass Band, Mike Marshall & Darol Anger w/ Väsen and many more.
If a bluegrass festival isn’t your thing, than maybe one of these recently announced tours will be for you…
- Dr. Dog put together a short Southern February run (begins: 02/11)
- The legendary Charlie Louvin schedules dates through June of next year (begins: 01/17)
- Morrissey lines up a lengthy US tour that includes rare club dates (begins: 02/28)
- Reggae-infuse funk-rockers Slightly Stoopid head out (begins: 02/05)
- Prog-rocker legends Yes schedule the second leg of their In The Present tour (begins: 02/05)
- Athens rockers The Whigs open dates for KoL before a headlining tour of their own (begins: 01/20)
Finally, former Jayhawks band mates Gary Louis and Mark Olsen lined up the first batch of dates behind their new Chris Robinson-produced album – Ready For The Flood – which hits stores on January 24. The duo will perform throughout the month of February at a variety of clubs and theaters throughout the Eastern part of the country with more dates forthcoming.