Dan Auerbach is best known for being half of the Akron, OH blues-rock duo The Black Keys. The singer/guitarist, who sounds remarkably like Warren Haynes, seems to have found the two-man format a bit cumbersome as he will release his solo debut Keep It Hid on February 10. The album is said to be mixture of psychedelia, soul music and country harmonies.
Auerbach has a lined up a brief 11 date cross-country club run to showcase the material – which starts a few weeks after The Black Keys finish a short tour of their own.
If you’d rather see both Keys in action, than maybe one of these recently announced tours will be for you…
- Baltimore jam act The Bridge head South and West (begins: 12/04)
- Donovan Frankenreiter maps out an extensive West Coast tour (begins: 01/25)
- Afro-funk star Femi Kuti lines up a 13 city cross-country jaunt (begins: 01/07)
- Swedish inde-pop singer Lykke Lie returns to the States early next year (begins: 01/31)
- Singer/songwriter/violinist Andrew Bird puts together the first leg of his NA tour (begins: 01/28)
- Check out Brooklyn Vegan’s NYC Hannukah Concert Guide
Finally, the folks behind the annual River To River music festival are now stretching their Seaport Music Festival into the winter months thanks to the opening of a new ice skating rink on Pier 17. While no line up has officially been revealed the rink is set to open this Friday (November 28), with the weekly music series running through February.