Guess it’s a week to talk about comebacks from the world of hip-hop, as Lauryn Hill has announced a ten-date Northeast tour that will kick off at the Higher Ground in Burlington, VT on December 18. The semi-reclusive Hill, who is rumored to be working on the long-awaited follow up to her seminal debut The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, emerged this past summer to play a handful of shows as part of the Rock The Bells tour to favorable reviews.
Hill will focus much of her return to the stage around New York City with gigs at the Highline Ballroom, MHoW, Bowery Ballroom and a three-night stand at the historic Blue Note from January 3 – 5.
If you’re not into a night with Ms. Hill, then maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band hit the road this January
- Psych-rock act Akron/Family line up a lengthy cross-country run
- G. Love heads out for a 17-date March run behind his new album
- indie-jam-rockers moe. roll out a handful of spring dates
- Ted Leo ditches The Pharmacists for a solo acoustic tour
- The 4th annual Austin Psych Rock Fest reveals its initial line up
- Michetti, Shaw & Deitch sign on for Conspirator gigs
Finally, members of the much beloved Athens-based music collective Elephant 6 will revive their Holiday Surprise Tour, which last took place back in 2008. The month-long, cross-country tour will feature the music and musicians from of Montreal, Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control, Elf Power, Music Tapes and more who will collaborate throughout the night.