After nearly a year on the road, Nickel Creek’s farewell tour comes to a close on November 29th. If you haven’t had a chance to see them before they go their separate ways, be sure to check out NPR’s webcast of Friday night’s show live from the 9:30 club in Washington D.C. Although, we’d really prefer to instead say goodbye to Nickelback from the public consciousness, not the Creek.
- Power User Trent Reznor calls OiNK “the greatest music store of all-time”
- Today we all mourn the loss of Robert Goulet — Goooolay!
- The mid-November Bear Creek Music and Arts Festival has been moved to The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, FL
- Van Halen extends their highly regarded reunion tour into 2008
- Elvis Presley ($49 mil) and John Lennon ($44 mil) head up Forbes.com’s list of the Top Earning Dead Celebrities
- Torrentfreak takes you inside the mind of a 9-year-old file sharer
- Heavy Mideast Metal: Baghdad’s Acrassicauda is truly a band on the run
- Die-hard fans of The Who will be offered access to a massive library of audio and video files for $50 a month
- Will Butler of Arcade Fire responds to Sasha Frere-Jones criticisms
- Check out the latest edition of Nedstalgia to find out how Neddy wound up in Dave Schools’ hotel room listening to the Dead
Finally, the full song list for the upcoming Rock Band video game looks absolutely incredible. We can’t wait to drum along with Epic or to sing Mississippi Queen when the game comes out on November 20th. Thanksgiving fun.
And Ace last night saw Back Door Slam, who soon will be much more famous than they are right now…”These kids can fucking play,” he says. Samples: